Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- The lightning robotics team has finished their competition robot! This huge robot will be driving and on display in the library after school for today only! Don't miss it."
- Hola amigos, Spanish Club is meeting today in B111. Join us for fun, games, movies and conversation. New members are always welcome.
- The Aeronautics Club meets today at 3:10 in B204. Come and have fun with us!
- For those of you traveling to Peru this summer, there is an optional meeting after school on Thursday, where we will be learning about our travel destination! The meeting will be in room A101 and we will be done by 4:00pm. Please see Ms. Schaad or Mr. Centeno with any questions.
- Attention Model United Nations: We will meet today in the LMC after school. Come to learn more about some activities that will keep us busy until our next conference in April. See you later today.
- Have you been watching coverage of of the Winter Olympics from South Korea? In the LMC we are ALL ABOUT THE OLYMPICS! We especially want to encourage everyone to tune in Feb 24th and 25th for the 4 man bobsled event featuring LEGACY GRADUATE AND WRESTLER, NATE WEBER. Hopefully his team will be on the podium at the end!
- On February 23rd & 24th the first of its kind youth summit in the Denver area will be held in Westminster. It is an excellent program designed around students and has been put together by a panel of students to ensure that the subject topics are relevant and complimentary to the needs of today's youth. The registration forms and summit information can be reached at rockymountainyouthsummit.com.
- Any Web Design students who studied the IE Class Web Certification Program during semester one and would like to retake the test, the retake will be held Feb. 14, (this Wednesday) at 12:30 in C204. Please contact Mrs. Medlock is you have any questions.
- Calling interested Artists!
Doodle 4 Google contest is now out. This is the 10th Annual Doodle 4 Google contest and the theme is "What inspires me." You
can come to art club this Tuesday in F-211 or see Mrs. Rowinski during 5th period in F-211 to pick up the official form. Or you can download
an entry form at doodle4google.com
Five finalists will be flow to Google's Mountain View Headquarters, and one winning student from amount the five will receive:
-$30,000 college scholarship
-A $50,0000 Google for Education technology package for their school
-A behind-the-scenes experience with the Doodle team to transform their Doodle into an interactive experience that will launch by the end of 2018
The competition closes March 2, 2018.
- Upcoming College Visits
2/22/2018 9:00 AM Johnson and Wales University-Denver
2/22/2018 2:30 PM Trinidad State Junior College
3/1/2018 9:30 AM American International University in London
3/6/2018 2:30 PM United States Military Academy at Westpoint SOPHOMORES AND JUNIORS ONLY
3/13/2018 8:00 AM University of Wyoming
4/16/2018 2:00 PM Bradley University (Illinois)
PLEASE SEE THE COUNSELING SECRETARY FOR A PASS TO ATTEND IN ADVANCE OF THE VISIT.
Students are responsible for all make up work in class due to a college visits. Students should check with teachers in advance of the visit. In the event that is not a convenient time to miss class, students can see Mrs. Dietel in the Counseling office to request materials and contact information for the college representative.
- Hey Legacy, Interact Club is donating school supplies to students in Honduras! We are looking for pens, pencils, notebooks, markers, scissors, glue, and folders. You can drop off donations in the library, counseling office, or attendance office. If you have any questions contact Señorita O. or Profe Leonhard.
- Applications for next year's yearbook class are available in the LMC and outside the C208 classroom. Pick up one today and be part of this fun, fast-paced class!